Mailing Address

Elder Marc Austin Skiles
8013 NE 115th Way
Kirkland, WA 98034

Monday, April 2, 2012

eMail of April 2, 2012

Hello Family,

Things are still going fantastically here in Brazil. My companion is awesome. The best one I´ve had yet. He's super Christlike. I´ll send you all a picture of us next week. That way mom can put it on the magnet board.

I really enjoyed General conference. I had to watch it in Portuguese. I can understand all of it, but it's difficult to focus and take notes and translate at the same time so I think I´ll have to read them all again in English. We had just one investigator there. One couldn´t make it, and the other got sick with denge (a sickness that comes from mosquitos here that makes you really sick, but its rarely leathel even for children so don't worry about me).

We all got water filters recently in our houses so now we all have clean water from the faucet. YAY! Before we were putting clear coke bottles out in the sun to get clean water. The sun is so strong here it purifies water. Otherwise you have to go and buy these huge jugs of purified water.

I´m absolutely loving the mission. It's so fun to go out and teach the gospel to people and help them to progress until Baptism. It's so fun to learn about the culture and about the people and the language. There really is no work in the world that brings more joy than missionary work. Except maybe families, but thats a type of missionary work any way. It's amazing to be able to focus all your time and effort into just the gospel. The gospel brings so much happiness. I´d just like you all to know that I know that this church is true. And that Christ really did atone for our sins. Absolutely everything that happens to you every day happens for a reason. God knows what people you will meet and the experiences you will have and sets them all up exactly perfect for your good and the good of others so that we can all return to his presence. Even the bad things in life are for our good.

Stay firm and work hard in the church and in school and at home. I love you all. See yah in a couple years.

Elder Marc Skiles

No comments:

Post a Comment