Mailing Address

Elder Marc Austin Skiles
8013 NE 115th Way
Kirkland, WA 98034

Monday, April 16, 2012

eMail of April 16, 2012

Hello everyone,

Glad to hear things are going well. Congratulations on your scholarship Janai. That's sooo awesome. Good luck at finding a job David. I´m glad I don't have to worry about such things right now. I´ll be praying for you.

Things are going well. After this week I will be transfered finally. I´m still in my first area on the mission. The Mission President already told me I´ll be trasfered, so this time it's for sure. I wonder where I will go. After this next transfer, the Mission President will switch. The next one is american. I forgot his name. Everyone is afraid he will ban coca-cola and tererĂ© (a really good herb water drink thing hear that can give a stomach ache to an american if he drinks a ton). Personally I could care less about coke. I wonder how it will be different though.

I do have kind of a cool story to tell. So. Because of conference we were left withought knowing who was signed up to give us lunch for the week. We couldn´t get a hold of the sister who has the calendar. We were kind of worried that we would have to go hungry or go buy and make something. I was reading that morning in 'Our Heritage' and reached a part about when Joseph Smith and Oliver Cowdery were translating the Book of Mormon. They had run out of writing supplies and food. They went out to find something and couldn´t. Coming back home they found Joseph Knight with food and writing supplies for them for no reason. Just as I read that, our cell phone rang. No one ever calls to confirm lunch and most of the time people forget, so I have no Idea why this brother called, but he called us to tell us lunch was at his house and he had the schedule for the rest of the week. I felt like Heavenly Father was saying `Hey Marc! stuff like that doesn´t just happen in church history you know. It's kind of cool the way Heavenly Father teaches us with our every day experiences. We just have to look for what it is he´s trying to teach us right now in our lives. So yah. Thats my story. I love you all. See yah in a couple years.

Elder Marc Skiles

No comments:

Post a Comment