Mailing Address

Elder Marc Austin Skiles
8013 NE 115th Way
Kirkland, WA 98034

Monday, January 9, 2012

eMail of January 9, 2012

Hello Everyone

I´m glad to hear everything is going well. It's sad about the green couch, but it's ok. It was time for it to go. Happy Birthday Janai and Nathaniel! Don´t worry. I didnt forget. I wrote that it was your birthdays in BIG letters in my planner on the 5th and the 8th. I can´t believe Nathaniel is a Deacon. Wow. I also can´t believe Janai is 18. Next year she'll be off to college. Has janai started to apply for BYU yet?

We're kind of in a rough spot right now in terms of baptisms, but things are going well here. We have a lot of new investigators now. Still staying excited (spelled it write this time) and working hard. The other day my companion said no to playing soccer with some of the other missionaries (soccer is not allowed) . This is pretty amazing because I know how much he loves to play soccer and misses it. He really is an awesome companion. The husband of one of our investigators who can't get baptized because she's not legally married quit smoking and drinking. I have no idea why, but we haven't had a chance to go visit there yet. I´m pretty excited to go meet with him. It's always amazing when someone decides to give up something like that. It's especially amazing because where they live is a very poor area and pretty much everyone smokes and drinks a lot. Other than that it was a pretty normal week if such a thing exists in the mission field. I love you all and am so glad all is well with you all. Thanks for your prayers! See yah in a couple years!

Elder Marc Skiles

No comments:

Post a Comment