Mailing Address

Elder Marc Austin Skiles
8013 NE 115th Way
Kirkland, WA 98034

Monday, February 18, 2013

Email for February 18, 2013

Hello Everyone, This week was pretty exciting. We had a ton of people at church today. Normally the attendance is in the 50´s to 60´s. This week we had 87. Everyone was really excited about that. The members are really getting in to the work now. We are teaching a woman (Pablita) who is from Paraguay. She is progressing very well and would be Baptized but she's not married in the law. It's kind of a complicated situation, but we are trying to get him to come to church. Our Ward mission leader got changed. This one is a little more motivated and very humble so I think he´ll be great. Something heavenly father is trying to teach me right now is that there is no secret golden key to this work. I always thought there was a magic thing you could do to be a good leader and to have miracles in the mission work. But we don´t need to think of crazy new ideas or different techniques. There is no secret golden key. Everything we need is already written in the scriptures and in Preach My Gospel. The path is already laid before us. If we humble ourselves and do the simple things, the results come. Anyway. That´s great that we will have a Christmas all together when I get home. I love you all. I´m excited to see my new nephews! see yah in a couple years! Marc

No comments:

Post a Comment