Mailing Address

Elder Marc Austin Skiles
8013 NE 115th Way
Kirkland, WA 98034

Monday, November 19, 2012

Email of November 19, 2012

Hello Everyone! This week was Great! I had the opportunity to Baptize Gabriel. The last child of the family. I will miss them a lot since Ive been transferred to another place. Ana Alice and Daniel and Gabriel all say they will serve missions. That makes me really happy. They are a lot more active in the church than most of the old members which is great. They never miss activities or church. I´m really thankful that I had the opportunity to teach them. I know that its a miracle from father in heaven this type of true conversion. We also had a woman who went to church today. She liked it a lot and said she wants to follow. Ive been transferred anyhow. I will go to Lucas do Rio Verde. I will be the companion of Elder Cayhuan. He entered the mission at the same time as Elder Impa. He is from Chile. I don´t know him very well, but I´m really excited to be his companion. Lucas is way in the North. Thats all I know about it. I´ll leave today at 3:00 in the afternoon. Its really hard to leave a place that I´ve been working 6 months. I´ll miss a lot of the people here. I´ll miss Elder Impa as well. 5 months with the same companion is a long time. I´m glad for it. This last weekend I had the amazing opportunity to participate in the first Sacrament meeting ever in Primavera Do Leste (A city about 2 hours from Rondonónpolis). A few months ago we started visiting there. Contacting the members that are already there and seeing how receptive the people are. We were very well recieved and so started to make plans to start up a branch. The branch won´t come untill much later, but we were given permission to start a group and sacrament meetings. We had 43 people in the first sacrament meeting. 7 investigators. We slept saturday night in the house of a member couple who was baptised 6 or 7 years ago, but never went to the temple and have been inactive for 5 years because they moved to Primavera Do Leste which didn´t have the church. They recived us very well. Made dinner for us at night and breakfast in the morning. On Sunday, the wife bore her testimony. She said for five years, she had been pleading with Heavenly Father for some way to be able to go to church again. One day she prayed to Heavenly Father for a sign. Anything that would give her a little hope. The next day, her husband found the other couple of missionaries when we had gone to the city for the first time. He went home and told her and the next time we went we were able to find them. Her prayer was answered. It was quite an amazing experience to hear her bear testimony of the joy she felt to finally be able to participate in the Church of Jesus Christ again. Anyway. Thanksgiving doesn´t exist here, but HAPPY THANKSGIVING. I love you all. See yah in a couple years. Marc

No comments:

Post a Comment