Mailing Address

Elder Marc Austin Skiles
8013 NE 115th Way
Kirkland, WA 98034

Monday, June 17, 2013

Email of June 17, 2013

Hey Family! I´m so glad to hear things are going well. Things are going great here as well. This week we didn´t have any investigators at church though. It was crazy. It started to rain on Sunday morning. There was strong wind and heavy rain and it kind of scared people I guess. Especially people who come to church on foot or on motorcycles. The church attendance was very low as well. This seems to happen a lot. It waits to rain until Sunday morning. I guess its Gods way of trying peoples faith. We are praying that it will not rain this Sunday. It can rain every day this week, just not Saturday night and Sunday morning. This week there was a party at the public park near our house. Festa Junina. The music was very loud. It made it a little difficult to sleep. Sertaneja. Its like country music in Brazil, just that its very different from country... like red neck music I guess. You guys can show me the new American music when I get back (some of the more popular stuff I have already heard on the street). I´ll show you guys some cool Brasillian music I´ve heard on the street here. We played soccer again today. That was fun. This week we are going to try to baptize Gabriely. She went to church the Sunday before last Sunday and was supposed to get baptised this last Sunday, but the rain made it difficult for her to come. She was brought to church by a less active. We can reactivate and baptize! yay! We´ll see how it goes. Gabriely´s mom is really receptive as well. We are going to try and baptize her too. Anyway. I love you all. See yah in a couple years. Marc

No comments:

Post a Comment