Mailing Address

Elder Marc Austin Skiles
8013 NE 115th Way
Kirkland, WA 98034

Monday, May 20, 2013

Email of May 20, 2013

This week was pretty exciting. First of all we had a family at church this week. Yay! Cleber and Tatiane and their two children. We were so happy they came. They accepted baptism for next week. I think they will have to get married first, but that´s not too hard. The other exciting and sad thing that happened is that my companion got emergency trasfered to Primavera do Leste. I think they just needed another missionary there urgently. He will be leaving at 20:00 today. My new companion will arrive tomorrow morning. Elder Moura. I have no idea who he is, but he seems good so I´m excited to be his companion. This week we had a woman on the street come up to us and say that she always wanted to go inside our church. We taught her and her husband and her son. I´m excited to teach them this week. Elder Lira is in RondonĂ³polis and gave me great news. The recent convert that Elder Impa and I baptised there bore her testimony that she couldn´t wait to serve a mission. That made me feel really happy. We played soccer today again and ate lunch at Ferreira´s house (other recent convert). Usually we don´t eat at the members houses on P-day, but he offered to give us lunch. It was really good. There was even carrot cake after. He drove us home after on the way to bring his son to school and apparently his son (dudu) thought we were going to go to school with him because he started crying when we got out of the car. He´s 4. He likes to show us his toys and talk with us. He´s really cute. It kind of makes me really excited about having my own kids. The girl that we baptised two weeks ago already has a visiting teaching companion and has made lots of friends at church. I´m pretty excited about that. If this ward keeps working hard like it is they will divide the ward this year. Anyway. I love you all. See yah in a couple years... Marc

No comments:

Post a Comment