Mailing Address

Elder Marc Austin Skiles
8013 NE 115th Way
Kirkland, WA 98034

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

eMail Dated September 20, 2011

Dear family,

The MTC has been great! Its like trying to drink out of a fire hose, but Heavenly Father gives you a big mouth. I never thought I could learn so much in such a short time. My email and laundry and temple and prep day is Tuesday. I get mail faster than email. Its great that you all do Drama and Scouts and Piano, and Trumpet and Violin. Those things will prepare you for the mission field and for life. I've changed so much already its crazy. I'm glad things are going well with all of you. Sorry about the triops. Its fun while it lasts right? Our schedule is really all over the place. We usually have two 3 hour blocks of language class. Some of those are devoted to our fake investigator. Last time we taught him, the lesson wasn't going so well because we were struggling with the language and trying to make sentences fit and we weren't teaching with the Spirit. At the end, I decided to bear my testimony. I felt the Spirit so strong. I have no idea how I made those words string together to make sentences. The words just came to me. There is no way I could have brought out the things I said on my own. We are truly learning two languages here. Portuguese and the language of the Spirit. Spanish is helping me and hurting me. It helps me understand the concepts of Portuguese, but I keep using Spanish pronunciation. Portuguese pronunciation is very difficult. The other day we talked to some Elders who are learning Hmong. At least I don't have to learn that. It has 8 tones. Extremely difficult to pronounce. Guess who my companion is! Elder Josh Underwood! He really is a great companion. He has changed so much. He is very kind. He's always opening doors for me and taking out my tray or changing my laundry while I'm sitting at the computer writing this email. He's a great companion. We both have a lot to learn, but we will make it there. That's really funny that the crossing guard thought you guys (Brent and Carlene) were my parents. I feel so happy here. Everything for my success is provided. I just need to learn to trust in the Lord and work my hardest. He will do the rest. I love you all! Thanks for your prayers and your love. They are very much felt here.

Elder Marc Skiles

P.S. My electronic Visa application came through which means my visa is SUPPOSE to come in two weeks, but some people had that months ago and still don't have visas so no guarantees.

[Note: Let us all keep praying that Elder Skiles and his fellow missionaries receive their visas in a timely basis. Bryan]

No comments:

Post a Comment